On Saturday, March 14, 2015, a conference will be held in 251 Tanner Building on the BYU Campus in Provo, Utah, to report and discuss the latest investigations into a wide range of linguistic elements in the Book of Mormon, including expressions that do not appear to have been in use in the nineteenth century. As a result of twenty-seven years of investigations by Royal Skousen into the original English-language text of the Book of Mormon, these curiously archaic expressions have raised fascinating questions and discussions regarding the origins of this wondrous scripture.
The program will run from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The public is invited and admission is free. More details about the schedule and program may be found on the event webpage.
The Interpreter Foundation is seeking volunteer source checkers. Source checkers are vital contributors who verify that the references in Interpreter: A Journal of Mormon Scripture publications are accurate. This is an ideal opportunity for students or others with access to a university library with a strong LDS-related collection. Volunteers will gain resume-building experience working on an online and printed journal. Source checkers must be available to work on one large article or two small articles per month. If you can help, please contact us using this contact form.
An adjustment has been made to the submission dates for the Ruth M. Stephens Article Prize. Any manuscript written by a woman and either submitted to or published by Interpreter since 18 June 2014 and before 1 August 2015 will be eligible for consideration. See the Ruth M. Stephens Article Prize page for more information.
The Interpreter Foundation is pleased to announce that Interpreter: A Journal of Mormon Scripture, Volume 12 (2014), is now available in paperback for ordering. The 348 page volume can be ordered online at Amazon, or better yet, at AmazonSmile, if you would like to donate a portion of your purchase to The Interpreter Foundation at no additional cost to you. The volume price is $6.64 plus shipping (or free shipping with Amazon Prime membership). This price reflects the cost of printing only, with no markup or royalty. This bound volume includes all of the peer-reviewed articles that have been published in volume 12 online at MormonInterpreter.com.
If you purchase the print edition through Amazon or AmazonSmile, you’ll also receive a free copy of the digital Kindle edition of the volume through the Kindle Matchbook service. Those who have purchased the paperback volumes in the past from Amazon can also access the Kindle edition of those same volumes for free.
If you’d like to automatically receive Interpreter volumes in the mail soon after they are completed, please consider subscribing to our annual print subscription for the annual price of $50 (covers our cost of printing and shipping only, without markup or royalty). Annual print subscribers will have priority access to our print editions, before they are made available to the general public on Amazon and AmazonSmile.
Volume 12 is also now available in several digital e-book formats. They are available for downloading at the following links, or directly from your electronic device in its respective e-book store:
- PDF (free) – can be read on most computers and devices, but text size cannot usually be adjusted.
- EPUB (free) – can be read on Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Barnes & Noble Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo, and most e-reading apps including iBooks, Stanza, Aldiko, and Adobe Digital Editions. This file must be transferred to your device.
- MOBI (free) – can be read on Amazon Kindle devices and Kindle apps. This file must be transferred to your device.
- Apple’s iBookstore (free) – can be read on Apple iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. Downloads automatically to your device.
- Nook Books ($0.99*) – Barnes & Noble’s Nook Books store, can be read on Barnes & Noble Nook devices. Downloads automatically to your device.
- Kindle Store ($0.99*) – Amazon’s Kindle store, can be read on Amazon Kindle devices and Kindle apps on tablet devices. If you purchase the paperback version from Amazon, this Kindle edition is free. Downloads automatically to your device.
- Google Books, Google Play (free) – Google’s e-book bookstores, can be read on a variety of devices, including Android phones and tablets. Downloads automatically to your device.
*Note, this is the minimum we are allowed to charge for these formats.
We thank all of the many people who have made Interpreter possible, and the many hours of volunteer work and generous donations which have been given.
On Saturday, 14 March 2015, The Interpreter Foundation and BYU Studies will co-sponsor a conference focusing on the language of the Book of Mormon. It will be held in 251 TNRB (the Tanner Building) on the campus of Brigham Young University in Provo.
More details will be announced as they become available.